So you know that it’s important to have quality content on your site, but what’s even more important is that people should find it. The fact is that now, the new search engine algorithms are doing a much better job of discovering & ranking newly-added content on the Web. However, there are a number of things that can be done to catalyze that process.
- Understand SEO– SEO is a lot more than sprinkling the content on your site with keywords (though it is an important aspect). It’s about identifying what the roadblocks are and then fixing them. This means you will have to be on the lookout for navigation issues, site architecture issues, keyword or content issues and usability issues. Your SEO firm should be able to find out what the roadblocks (if any ) are and clear them so that your site gets the visibility it needs
- Compelling Title Tags– The title tags are the words that show up as a clickable link on search results and you have up to 70 characters to make an impression. Search engines also give a lot of weight to these tags and you should ensure that the words that show up there, work for visitors as well as search engines
- Appropriate Keywords– The keywords have to be integrated correctly into the content. Your blog post content has to align with the title tag (which has been optimized). If you are highlighting a particular keyword in the blog title, the content should be centered on that topic
- Credible Content – Regardless of how many keywords you use in the content, if the matter itself is not relevant and authoritative, it will hold no weight. Use other quality words that are related to your main keywords. These will be the secondary ones
- Optimize Images– Images can be used to create an impact. In many ways, readers are attracted to content or websites that have images. But when you use these, it’s important to “alt text”/“alt attribute” them. Search engines use this as a signal and recognize the content of the image. Adding a caption or a title to the content helps too. Do the same for any videos you may be using on your site or on social media
Following these simple yet effective tips will definitely make Google ogle you, but users will sit up and take notice too.