The world’s most popular social media platform announced a new feature for its users. Facebook is now allowing FB pages to join members-only Facebook Groups. The new setting update is designed to let Pages on the site interact with communities through FB Groups.
Previously, only personal profiles were able to join Facebook Groups and comment and post images within them. The new option, however, allows group owners to “allow Pages to request to join as group members.” This is a great option for businesses to expand their visibility and brands’ reach across the network.
FB Listening to the People
Facebook implemented changes based on user and public demand. In fact, they have engaged and interacted with public figures, non-profits, businesses, and publishers across the platform. Mashable also interviewed a FB spokesperson who stated the following, “We previously launched the ability for Pages to start Facebook Groups so that they can engage with their communities. We are now testing the ability for Pages to join existing Facebook Groups as well.”
The update is perfect for Facebook business pages to interact and engage new clients and customers. No longer do business owners have to use their personal pages to join groups within their industry and sectors. Now, they can simply join with their business pages, which is somewhat similar to connecting Groups that you own, moderate and manage on Facebook.
Why the New Change?
The main gist of the change revolves around user privacy. Some users might not want to make their personal FB pages public. Similarly, many business and personal group page users do not even have personal profiles. With this in mind, the new update is designed to cover the following:
- Allow user Pages to join groups for better interaction with industry-colleagues, customers and clients.
- Actors, musicians, politicians, and celebrities may no longer be prohibited from interacting with their fans or supporters within FB Groups
- Verified Pages with millions of “likes” may soon be able to interact on a more personal level within Groups.
- Page owners are sure to see an increase in likes, connections, and mentions due to better interaction across the board.
- Page owners can even build their brands within Groups without using their real names or personal profiles. This was previously the only way to join Groups, along with connecting with new clients, customers and consumers on a large scale basis.
Build your Brands on Facebook
Facebook is now firmly entrenched as a social and mobile business marketing platform. While social in nature, it is no longer relegated to just making new friends and rekindling past relationships. Today, FB makes it easier to promote your products, brands, and services to core and mass audiences. When coupled with a sound and effective SEO campaign, you get a comprehensive and cohesive approach to broad-based marketing. Now with the ability to join FB Groups as FB pages, you have more flexibility and convenience to interact and engage with potential clients and customers. Similarly, you can keep your personal pages private, and FB has now digitally enabled the separation between work and personal life for countless users.