Modern customers have information at their fingertips so they don’t hesitate to use it. Almost every prospect will search online and read a few reviews before they purchase a product or hire a service, which is why it’s important to maintain a good reputation online. Unfortunately, that’s not easy because many factors are out of your control.
While you can control the information available on your website and social media profiles, there’s no controlling information posted on other places on the internet. That’s why you need experienced reputation management services and we can help with that. Our reliable team uses proven techniques to make sure your company reputation is stellar on different platforms.
What is Reputation Management?
As mentioned before, it’s not easy to control the negative information posted by third-parties on different platforms, but you can control how visible this negative information is. Most search engine users will not look beyond the first few pages of search engine results. In fact, most will only click one of the first three or four links present on the top of SERP. The reputation management process ensures the first few pages are populated largely by positive information about your company, which outshines the negative.
No customer expects a company to have a lily-white reputation; they just need to see that the positive far outweighs the negative. Experienced reputation management experts take this into account and create plans accordingly. Without this assistance, negative information might be more visible, which will have an impact on your company’s authority in the industry and revenue.
Why is Reputation Management Important?
Most small to mid-sized business hesitate to invest in this aspect of marketing without realizing that poor reputation has the potential to harm other marketing campaigns. If you want more conversions, better authority, and more traffic, hiring a professional is a worthwhile expense. Here are some reasons why you should consider this service:
- Anyone Can Compromise Your Reputation – The Internet is a wonderful platform but it has also provided a space for people to say anything they want without facing consequences. For example, an ex-employee might leave behind poor reviews on your company listing simply because they’re angry. This can have an impact on your reputation and cause problems down the line.
- Everything is Recorded Permanently – Once any information is out on the internet, it is a matter of permanent record. Information can’t be removed easily because someone, somewhere will have a copy, screenshot, or similar record. Even deleted information isn’t safe. Laws haven’t been able to keep up with the rapid expansion of the internet, which is why many companies or professionals have to deal with issues such as hacking, unwise social media posts made during adolescence, and other such factors.
- Positive Content Helps – Positive content helps and can even invalidate past record, but most business owners don’t know how to create effective positive content. They don’t have the time or skill needed to research, write, or design positive content, which is why hiring a professional is essential.
All of this information can be alarming to business owners, but there’s no reason to be afraid if your company has a good reputation management expert on hand. We have handled several clients over the years and understand the intricacies involved in the process.
How We Help Your Reputation
Our first step in every project is to understand what we have to work with. Do we need to build your reputation from scratch? Clean up your company’s image? Or maintain your current good standing? All of these situations require different techniques or strategies. Here’s how we help your reputation:
Perform a Google Search
This is the first step of our research process. We perform a thorough search of your company name, popular products, low-ranked products, services, etc. The idea is to get a good understanding of your reputation online. We do this because:
- Only 50% of businesses surveyed own the first result on a SERP when they search the company name.
- 25% don’t have any positive content on the first page.
- Nearly 15% have at least one damaging negative review on the first page of SERP.
Only a few successful companies own their entire first page and have positive content in all links. It’s important to understand where you land before planning the repair process.
Assess Social Media Reputation
Our next step is to look at social media because that also plays an important role in building or destroying your reputation. We look through mentions of your brand name or messages and comments addressed to you to determine the general reputation on the platform. Once we have some idea about your situation, our social media team can take over and start cleaning up your reputation.
This is a long and detailed process; but through conflict resolution, good content, customer engagement, and communication, it is possible to clean up your social media presence, which has a direct impact on your reputation outside social media as well.
It’s also a good idea for business owners to get involved in this process. You can reply to comments, resolve issues promptly, engage in discussions, etc. It’s never too late to start engaging people on this platform.
Once we understand your reputation, we build a plan to establish, repair, or maintain it. Here’s a brief look at what our reputation management professionals will do:
- No Reputation – If you have virtually no presence online, well create good content, establish a website or optimize the old one, refine your existing content, and help you get more positive reviews.
- Overwhelm Negative Content – If you have negative content or a poor reputation, we create new positive pieces, invite customers with positive experiences to review, and use SEO techniques like backlinking to get bury negative content.
- Maintain a Good Reputation – If you have a well-established reputation, we can add to it by pushing your content and making you more visible in a positive way.
If you want to know more about our reputation management services, don’t hesitate to call us or contact us through our online form at Insignia SEO.