It’s hard to believe that it’s already June 2019. With time passing by so fast, is your brand or organization looking to stay competitive in 2020? If so, now is the perfect time to prepare for the New Year with the latest in marketing tools and techniques. While the rate of marketing innovation continues to soar, adding a few simple enhancements can propel your brand or business to new heights.
Let’s take a look at two of the top marketing trends that will secure business growth and visibility in 2020.
1.) On-SERP SEO Optimization
On-SERP SEO optimization is as important as ever. In fact, zero-click results are search results which Google automatically provides answers for via snippets. These automated answers to search queries are designed to expedite timely and relevant results. For example, “What is the temperature in Austin?” will trigger Google to automatically generate results on its own. This is now taking center stage and preference over Adwords and organic search results. In fact, you now have to scroll down to access these findings.
Here are a few reasons why zero-search results are important for brands in 2020 and beyond:
- Google now auto-populates results for broader queries. This includes snippets that produce results for generic, core and detailed search queries.
- According to Jumpshot, 61.8 percent of search results in Google are now zero-search results. This means keywords are becoming less profitable and useful than years past.
- Automatic snippets save users time and produce results within seconds. While they can search for organic or Adwords results, having pertinent information ready is great for users that are pressed for time.
- Automated snippets mainly come from websites that are ranked high on Google; page 1 of the search engine results page (SERP) in most cases. This ensures relevant and high-quality results for all types of search queries.
For businesses that market or advertise on Google, on-SERP SEO is essential in optimizing content for niche or mass audiences. In fact, you would want Google to choose your brand or information over others vying for the same spot. While no secret solution to this challenge is available, brands with sound on-SERP SEO have better chances of attracting users than those that simply rely on paid or organic search results.
2.) Smart Speaker Advertising
Smart speaker advertising is projected to grow by leaps and bounds in 2020. In fact, over 50 million smart speakers were sold to consumers in 2018. This essentially paved the way for homes and businesses to use voice-activated devices with Alexa, Siri and Google Home apps. While this trend continues in 2019, smart speaker marketing opportunities has still not reached its full potential – but that is slated to change soon. Here are some reasons why:
- Google Home voice searches continue to soar in global popularity. From online searches to voice-activated appliance control, more users are taking advantage of smart speakers than ever before.
- While Alexa and Siri continue to lead the pack, challenging developers are creating voice-apps at the blink of an eye. This is flooding the market with new, innovative voice-based apps that are making life easier and interesting at every turn.
- Digital marketers are also using smart speakers and voice searches for branded searches. For example, “Ask Burger King for French fries recipes” on Alexa will deliver a range of diverse responses. This means you can get results that Alexa has via its artificial intelligence (AI) machine-learning database or direct responses from BK.
- Smart speaker advertising intertwines and correlates with voice-search marketing. This is an effective way to cross-promote your brands over digital voice search platforms.
Marketing is changing in 2020
From SERPs and voice advertising to the resurgence of chatbots, marketing is truly changing as we head into 2020. As a business owner, digital marketer or influencer, you must adopt the new changes to stay or become competitively viable. Hiring a reputable and seasoned SEO agency is another crucial step in taking your business to new levels. With the right marketing channels and innovative ways to build brand visibility, SEO companies truly give your brands an edge over the competition.